Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
Our client is a leading health care organisation that takes great pride in delivering a wide range of in home-based complex care services to clientele across the UK. They are actively recruiting for a Business Development Executive on a permanent basis, to drive the business forward through the establishment of new service care contracts. As well as approaching new customers, you will also strive to maintain good commercial working relationships with key decision-makers from private and local authorities.
This opportunity will require a proactive approach to promoting the business and its services to both private and local authorities, which in turn will assist our client in achieving their growth plans for 2020 onwards. It will be your responsibility to engage with key stakeholders within the authorities and set up appointments for the Commercial Director to attend. Also, you will be attending these appointments to learn from the Commercial Director and support them in any way you can.
Initially, we foresee this as an opportunity for you to learn from the Commercial Director and once familiar with the sales process, you will then take on greater responsibility to lead the appointments and negotiate the commercial agreements with the client.
Please Note: If you were of an advanced level, whereby you are confident in pitching to clients and carrying out negotiations single handily, this role would be tailored to your experience.
- Through in-depth market research, you will be required to qualify authorities (Private & Public), that would suitably present new business opportunities for my client.
- Upon successfully identifying these clients, you will approach them using a variety of sales techniques and engage their interest in my client services, with the view of arranging appointments.
- Initially understand the clients’ requirements before acting on this, in a structured a professional manner, by further suggesting ways in which the business is best placed to service their needs.
- The majority of your work will see you actively approaching clients. However, occasionally, you will need to respond to any commercial opportunities coming into the business.
- By establishing close working relationships, you will look to expand laterally on existing business by bidding for other contracts they may have available.
- Maintaining working relationships with the client during the delivery of the service and account managing their expectations.
- When the opportunity arises, represent the client at any external trade shows or events.
This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and is designed to give you an idea of what you will be doing daily.
- They are a specialist health care provider who supports both adults and children alike with acute nursing and therapy requirements throughout the UK. They take great pride in offering the best possible services to their clients and work on an individual basis to offer a truly tailored and personal service.
- Their services extend beyond the physical needs of their clients, offering support for their social and emotional needs too. It can include preparing meals, organising social events and anything else that can do to support them.
- It is important that the person who takes on this responsibility fully understands the nature of the business and can convey this articulately to potential clients.
- You will be confident and professional in your approach, demonstrating the ability to open up new opportunities with the relevant authorities.
- Many of the contacts are responsible for several divisions of their outsourced care and therefore you will find yourself speaking to the same people regularly.
- This is not a quick sell market. You must understand the value in building long-term relationships with contacts and have the foresight to see their potential.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Ideally, degree educated with a natural enthusiasm for building commercial relationships.
- Experience of successfully delivering within a target driven sales environment.
- Confident communicating both over the phone, via email and in person.
- Demonstrate a tenacity to follow up on leads and see projects through to fruition.
- Understand the needs of your customers and work with them to develop tailored solutions that exceed their expectations.
- Able to research your market and make qualified commercial decisions with your knowledge.
- There will be a need to travel and, therefore, you will need your own transport and a full UK driving licence.
To APPLY, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant at Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.