Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our Client is a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specializes in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components. We are tasked with assisting them in recruiting for a permanent Routing and Packaging Engineer to support their operations in Essex. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the role is to develop the routing and packaging based on the wiring harness in collaboration with the customer. The focus is to deliver the packaging to all engineering specifications, cost, quality and timing as well as environmental aspects.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the design conceptual routings and package for EDS
- Conducting EDS Package investigations
- Verifying the customer specifications have been fulfilled
- Provide designs that achieve time and cost targets in line with the customer
- Update and drive EDS package issues to closure
- Represent EDS routing designs in customer package meetings
- Resolve EDS package issues by interfacing with other vehicle commodities
- Ensure design meets customer manufacturing and service requirement
- Ensure the wiring harnesses can be assembled into the vehicle
- Interface at all levels to the customer and internally to progress and agree on EDS routing and package designs
- Agree on and implement design changes according to the change management procedure
- Interface to Harness Design Engineers and CAD engineers to achieve the above
- On-site development support at the customer’s locations in the UK and abroad when required to support design development
- Support Harness product design reviews at harness prototype and manufacturing plants
- Support supplier and customer prototype and serial production builds
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally possess a Degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Experience of working within an EDS/Wiring Harness Automotive background
- Knowledge of 3D design (CATIA V5/V6)
- Proficient in Ford Team Centre/Digibuck
- Experience using Ford E2KS DPA tools
- Trained and experienced with Design for Manufacturing (DFM/DFA)
If interested, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.