Our Client, a World recognised, and respected Automotive OEM Vehicle Manufacturer is actively seeking a Project Engineer to join their Electrical R&D division to take ownership and delivery responsibility for their displays technology being introduced to the vehicles. This position is on a fixed-term basis offering longevity to the successful candidate to see out the project through to its fruition.
As the Project Engineer, you will be owning and taking responsibility for feature definition, ownership, component ownership and delivery of Instrument Clusters and Heads up Displays. Given the nature of the reasonability attached to this position, it is essential you demonstrate a track record of delivering Electrical or Electronics systems, including quality, cost, function, weight and timings.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and maintain a 5-year strategy & foster relevant new technologies to implementation ready within the agreed budget, timing.
- Support with defining targets for future models.
- Deliver the Programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements for the systems and features you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the systems meet the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required.
- Manage the Bill of Materials for your components
- Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure your deliverables are met
- Conduct whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- Support prototype builds and tests vehicle preparation.
- Manage issues in the Concern Management System.
- Work with a cross-functional team to ensure that all stakeholders deliver the support required to deliver your systems on time and to budget.
- Lead DFMEA and DVP creation for responsible components.
- Support functional safety-related tasks at the concept and system level, including item definition, HARA, the definition of safety goals, impact analysis etc.
- In-depth technical understanding of Infotainment functions, vehicle architecture, CAN AUTOSAR
The position reports directly into the Infotainment Manager and will be fully supported by the system integration team.
- The ideal candidate will possess a relevant engineering degree in either electrical or electronics discipline.
- Understanding of CAN-based tools – CANoE
- Understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of electronics/software and hardware design
- Data analysis & report writing
- Knowledge of functional safety (ISO 26262)
- Experience in automotive product development is essential.
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and software).
- Experience in software development processes and managing software delivery.
- Experience of delivering infotainment systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and
- Infotainment HMI. Delivery experience on Infotainment OS system (Windows, Linux, QNX, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
This position is available with immediate effect.
To APPLY, please contact Luke McDaid; Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.