£Negotiable Salary & Full Benefits
Position: Operations Manager
Remuneration: £Negotiable & Full Benefits
Our Client is a leading provider of engineering, automation and maintenance, operations and modifications services to Clients across industry, including Energy & Power, Oil & Gas, the Nuclear, Chemical and Pharmaceutical sectors. We are now seeking an experienced Operations Manager, someone who is skilled in managing large process projects within the Oil & Gas or Chemical industry sectors on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will need to;
- Demonstrate HSE leadership and actively promote good HSE behaviours in the region.
- Demonstrate operational leadership, give clear direction, guidance & support to the Contract/Project Managers.
- Develop relationships with UK Contract/Project Managers and act as focal point for operational issues.
- Support UK Contract/Project Managers with resource requirements and act as focal point with HR
- Deputise/stand in for UK Contract/Project Managers during unplanned leave periods.
- Monitor contract performance and if necessary take corrective action to fulfil contractual requirements and achieve appropriate financial returns.
- Ensure that all contract activities are completed in a safe and effective manner in compliance with statutory regulations and company and client requirements.
- You will work closely with the regional commercial manager and contract/project commercial teams.
- You will be developing and maintaining good client relationships.
- Work closely with the Regional BD Manager in development of the annual regional business plan.
- You will take ownership of the regional business plan and drive towards continued increasing business.
- You will interface with HR and Contracts to develop an eastern region competency database, acting as “Competency Champion” for eastern region.
- You will be working with corporate functions to develop annual audit programmes and conduct corporate audits for east region contracts to ensure compliance with corporate procedures.
Qualifications & Experience ideally required:
- You will ideally possess a Degree qualification, better still an MBA (although not essential).
- You will ideally possess an IOSH qualification, better still NEBOSH (although not essential).
- You should be an accomplished Operations Manager / Project Manager.
- You should ideally offer a minimum of 10 years’ experience operating at a senior level within the Oil, Gas or Chemical Industry.
- You will have a track record of managing multi discipline projects, service and installation contracts.
- Experience in delivery and delivering improvement in a contract environment required.
- Experience of managing an operational delivery team (internal & external) is needed.
- You will have experience in managing contract P&L’s.
This position is available now.
The remuneration on offer is, to an extent, negotiable and will be based upon relevant experience. Additionally, you will be entitled to a full benefits package.
Please APPLY by contacting Jason Seed DipRP DipRSA FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on 01295 768360 or by emailing a copy of your C.V. for review to Jason@forbeshr.com.
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunities.