£Negotiable pa & Full Benefits
Our Client, a global major Tier 1 Automotive company specialising in the supply of high technology electronic modules, instrumentation and wiring harness systems, seek an experienced EDS Systems Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis as a “resident” to be based in Basildon, Essex. Offering superb long term career prospects, this role is offering a competitive (albeit negotiable) basic salary, and full benefits package. This role is to be recruited with immediate effect.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main responsibilities of this role will see you designing and developing the vehicles EDS circuits and electrical systems, as well as the wiring complexity, to meet the customers requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- – Collect and check electrical systems information from customer and suppliers
- – As part of the circuit team creating engineering data to support the creation of harness drawings.
- – Investigate the incorporation of new circuitry into existing EDS systems
- – Investigate and create EDS system design proposals for new electrical systems
- – Prepare mark-up drawings, marked up electrical schematics and engineering change documentation using internal and external systems
- – Analyse systems and environment information to determine electrical requirements for circuit design, e.g: wire size, fuse rating etc.
- – Check harness drawings during release process to ensure accuracy of systems design
- – Support customer compatibility reviews to check EDS system design and follow up required actions
- – Prepare EDS systems add and delete lists to support feature cost estimations for new programs or TVM actions
- – Study any complexity effects of proposed or given design changes, internally or from the customer
- – Analyse required harness complexity to support customer within the constraints of manufacturing, sequencing, and optimized give away cost
- – Prepare complexity reduction / optimisation proposals based on system cost, option usage, harness production, etc.
- – Support harness design reviews, prototype builds and test boards for EDS system issues
- – Support investigation and resolution of DVP related EDS systems issues
- – Fault finding and diagnostics on vehicle electrical systems
Qualifications & Experience:
- – Should ideally be educated to Degree level in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering, or possess equivalent relevant experience
- – Experience of working with, or design of, vehicle electrical systems
- – Ability to read and understand vehicle wiring harness drawings and schematics
- – Knowledge of vehicle electrical/electronic system function and diagnostics
- – Understanding of EDS design and development process
- – Should ideally understand the application of electrical theory.
- -Should ideally understand ECAD tools, such as Mentor CHS (Logical, Integrator and XC).
- – Good I.T. skills needed i.e. MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Projects.
- – Excellent communication skills needed.
Is this you?
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities