£Negotiable Hourly Rate
Position: Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer x 2
Location: West Sussex or Surrey
Term: On-going Contract
Hourly Rate: £Negotiable
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth. It is for this reason that we have been tasked with finding experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineers on an on-going contract basis, to be located either in West Sussex or Surrey. On offer to the successful candidates will be a negotiable hourly rate.
The Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer reports to the Quality, Health & Safety & Environmental Manager and will be responsible for the development of suppliers to ensure contracts are supported through quality, engineering and best practice activities.
- -Support the Quality Manager in improving understanding of ISO9001 and ISO14001 across the Business.
- -Identify and understand Certification and welding coding from suppliers.
- -To understand and comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- -Build and maintain a close relationship with the Procurement team to improve supplier delivery and quality performance.
- -Liaise with all departments as required to improve communication and integration.
- -Support cost down activities through the supply chain.
- -To maintain suitable metrics and performance indicators for the supply chain.
- -To support and assist key suppliers in improving their delivery, quality and engineering processes.
- -To audit and report on suppliers as required.
- -Support the identification, selection and approval of new suppliers.
- -Ensure the flow-down of business and customer quality requirements through the supply chain.
- -Support the bid and project planning processes
Qualifications and Experience ideally required:
- -Should ideally have a relevant qualification in a Quality Engineering discipline, although lesser qualifications, but plenty of relevant experience, will also be considered.
- -Should have worked previously in an Automotive and/or Defence manufacturing environment or similar aligned manufacturing industry, ideally in a similar Supplier Quality Assurance Engineering (SQA) or Quality Engineering job role.
- -You will be ISO9001 Audit trained, better still will be a Lead Auditor.
- -You will be able to understand and read engineering drawings.
- -You will demonstrate confidence in speaking directly to customers internal and external, as well as suppliers.
- -You will have a proven track record of supplier development and improvement.
- -Should ideally have experience of inspection and measurement of components and assemblies.
- -Should have good Microsoft Office PC skills and be able to use SAP One Business Systems.
- -Previous knowledge of ISO and AQAP (NATO) procedures would be very useful.
- -Should have knowledge of welding procedures and processes.
- -Should be experienced in the Audit and assessment of supply chain, both domestic and foreign.
- -Knowledge of appropriate quality tools and techniques for successful resolution of concerns.
- -Record keeping of supplier approvals, audits and visits and monitoring of supplier performance against objective.
- -Should be prepared for occasional travel.
This position is available immediately!
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well-established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so, if interested and you have the relevant experience, we need to hear from you now?
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.