£Negotiable Hourly Rate
Position: Project Engineer – Vehicle Electrical Systems
Location: West Sussex
Hourly Rate: £Negotiable
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth with some new fantastic projects on the go in the Defence and Military sectors. It is for this reason that we have been tasked with finding an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Project Engineer (Vehicle Electrical Systems) to join the team as soon as possible on a contract basis. The hourly rate is, to an extent, negotiable and will be based upon relevant experience.
Reporting to the Principal Engineer, as a Project Engineer (Vehicle Electrical Systems), you will own the technical and project delivery support of Electrical Systems within the Engineering Group for products on multiple programs.
You will be the designated lead on cross departmental collaboration. The role will require the incumbent to liaise between the Engineering Design Department and the Workshop Team Leaders to ensure all technical deliverable deadlines are met.
You will be required to write technical specifications and test specifications and to undertake root-cause analysis.
Additionally, you will support the design team ensuring that any design for manufacture issues of the product are considered during the initial design phase. You will also be responsible for project Configuration Management and will oversee the Engineering Change Activity for each project.
In supporting the Project Manager there will also be a requirement to prepare formal (i.e. at PDR and CDR) and informal project stage reviews for the customer. You will be responsible for the co-ordination of any prototype construction through the establishment of structured frameworks such as Bill of Materials (BoM) and will also coordinate the transition from prototyping to full production through close liaison with the Supply Chain function.
This role will also include an element of hands-on fault-finding and testing of Automotive systems to support prototype development and rig design/build and proving.
Education and Experience ideally required:
- -Should ideally be educated to ONC/HNC/Degree level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or offer plenty of relevant experience.
- -Professional Project and Management qualifications like APMP / Prince 2 would be welcomed, but is not essential.
- -Business Improvement qualifications or practical experience of tools like LEAN would also be useful.
- -You should have a strong Electrical Engineering background, gained in the Defence and/or Automotive and/or Aerospace industries.
- -Experience of vehicle electrical power generation, storage and distribution would be ideal.
- -Should offer strong skills in Project Engineering.
- -Experience of vehicle EMC, Tempest and Comms Integration would be useful.
- -Experience of dealing with challenging customers needed.
- -An understanding of system integration and configuration management would be useful.
- -You will need strong negotiation skills.
- -Ideally experience needed of Project Management software tools such as SAP / ERP systems.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well-established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so if interested and you have the relevant experience we need to hear from you now?
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.