£Negotiable, Full Benefits & Bonus
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth and have a very healthy order book. They continue to be well positioned for, high profile programmes with Defence, Military and NGO customers worldwide. We have been tasked therefore with finding an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Key Account Manager/Project Manager to join the team as soon as possible on a permanent basis. The remuneration is, to an extent, negotiable and will be based upon relevant experience, together with offering a full and comprehensive benefits package, to include bonus.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, as the Key Account Manager/Project Manager you will play a significant part in the successful delivery of diverse and exciting products to great Customers.
The opportunity for full Customer and project ownership is huge, and you’ll be given full accountability, with the tools to support strong KPI management and visibility. The Key Account Manager/Project Manager is the centre of gravity for all recognisable standard project deliverables; cost, timing, scope etc. as well as providing the team with foresight, leadership and motivation.
This role includes the necessity to maintain a close relationship with important Customers, often as the single point of contact for all Customer needs, and working with the Sales team to ensure future sales pipelines are maximised and planned for.
Education and Experience ideally required:
- Should ideally be Degree educated in a technical related subject, but lesser qualifications, yet plenty of relevant experience will be considered.
- Professional Project/Programme Management qualifications such as APMP, PRINCE 2 or UK MoD – Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage.
- You should be an experienced Project Manager with experience of delivering a technical product in a technical environment, from concept phase through to prototyping and trials, and into production.
- Experience working within, and delivering products or services to, the Defence & Security/Military Sector ideally needed, better still experience working with Specialist Vehicles (Armoured) would be preferred.
- You’ll have Commercial awareness, and experience of dealing with Customers and understanding Customer needs.
- Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules needed.
- Use of Project Management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems needed. A practical understanding also of JIRA tools would be an advantage.
- Should be competent in Project Management techniques such as Critical Path, Agile and Pert Analysis.
- You will have an understanding of project life-cycle management.
- Experience of risk and opportunity management.
- Contract management experience; preferably Government contracts and their associated project delivery gateway methodologies is beneficial.
- Experience of project financial management and KPI reporting useful.
- Experience dealing with and presenting to senior stakeholders useful.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well-established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so if interested and you have the relevant experience we need to hear from you now?
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.