£Negotiable, Full Benefits & Bonus
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth. It is for this reason that we have been tasked with recruiting an Inventory Controller for their Supply Chain department. The position is available on a permanent basis and the successful candidate will be remunerated with a competitive salary in addition to a full benefits package and company-wide bonus scheme.
The inventory controller will manage the company inventory across all sites, performing investigations, managing obsolescence and ensuring adherence to stock control measures. They will be in charge of maintaining the companies SAPb1 system to ensure that data is correct, and cycle counting provides a 100% inventory count throughout the year. The position holder will be responsible for managing the annual financial stock count.
The overarching responsibility of this role is to ensure that the data within the system is as accurate as possible. This is key to allowing the system to drive the correct demand requirements on the materials team, and provide the projects teams with forecasted spend. The material being directly linked to cash flow, and the P&L, it is imperative that we control material effectively. An accurate system will help to ensure that projects are delivered on time, and on budget.
- Take ownership of the overall accuracy of the inventory held on the system
- Perform regular cycle counts, with a view to having cycle counted 100% of the warehouse throughout a financial year
- Manage the inventory, ensuring that material held on site is current by reviewing obsolete and slow moving materials
- Investigate stock discrepancies that arise, and provide feedback to the business
- Create containments, and preventive actions to further better the control of material around the business
- Input into the way in which materials are controlled within the SAP system, defining the correct process
- Provide regular reports to management and finance as required
- Chair a weekly stock committee meeting to provide an overview of weekly stock activities, and a monthly report for Senior Management review
- Manage and oversee the annual stock count
- Strive to make continuous improvements every day
- Assist stores in daily activities if required
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Relevant experience working in a logistics/inventory role and/or relevant qualifications
- Experience of working in a high pressured, fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent reporting skills
Please Note: Due to the nature of the client and the role, all applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance. Applicants must be a British Passport holder or have previously held SC clearance.
To APPLY, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant with Forbes HR Ltd who is available on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.