£Negotiable Basic Salary, Full Benefits & Bonus
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth. It is for this reason that we have been tasked with recruiting for an exciting and brand new position within the business. The position is available on a permanent basis and the successful candidate will be remunerated with a competitive salary in addition to a full benefits package and company-wide bonus scheme.
The Product Change Engineer will work closely with the Support Services Manager, the Through Life Support Team and the customer and shall provide strong technical leadership on behalf of the Product Development Department with respect to product design investigation and change arising from Customer upgrade requests, warranty trends and latent design deficiencies.
The role requires the individual to have broad automotive engineering experience that can be applied to mechanical and electrical systems, body, trim and particularly bespoke installations fitted to in-service military vehicles and survivability systems. The predominant focus is likely to be on systems and installations rather than engine and drive train, however, all-round in-depth automotive knowledge is required in order to be effective in this role.
Together with exemplary attention to detail, a thorough and conscientious “hands-on” approach and the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Requirement capture and impact assessment of the customer request, warranty trend or latent design deficiency.
- Production of solution requirement technical documentation and concepts to inform internal stakeholders and guide design development and estimation activities.
- Customers and stakeholders liaison.
- Quotation input and technical proposal development in support of the Support Services Manager.
- Change embodiment planning, tasking and management of stakeholders.
- Coordinating delivery of the total solution including as applicable but not limited to: the design solution; product configuration change management; modification instruction and material; associated Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) deliverables; in-service change implementation; etc.
- Ensuring all customer needs and requirements are met.
- Having the foresight to see additional sales opportunities.
- Formal reporting, including but not limited to: task progress; workload; concerns and challenges.
The Product Change Engineer shall report to the Design Group Manager & Assistant Chief Engineer. Whilst this is who the role reports into you will be working closely with the Support Services Manager.
The role has no direct reports but shall provide leadership to project, design and logistic engineers based on project requirements working in a matrix structure.
- Understands the principles of applying changes to engineering baseline designs in a controlled manner.
- Has practical automotive experience of conducting impact assessments and coordinating change requests.
- Can build and maintain strong relationships with both staff, customers and end users in addition to an enthusiasm to contribute to all areas of the company when required.
- Has strong planning, organisational and administration skills.
- Thrives on working with several customers at one time whilst maintaining exemplary individual customer satisfaction.
- Is able to analyse the current status of outstanding change and identify ‘pinch-points’ in the process and where management attention should be focussed.
- Will work in accordance with the client’s ISO 9001 process and procedures.
- Can operate effectively and decisively as an individual and in a team.
- Is prepared to get “hands-on” as the need arises.
- Automotive, motorsport, or applicable engineering degree, or equivalent qualification. If an individual does not have this, they will be considered if they hold 15 years of experience relevant to this role.
- Demonstrable problem solving across a range of automotive systems.
- Military automotive experience is essential.
- Competent Solidworks user.
- Creative engineering design skills.
- Ability to communicate excellently with customer and suppliers.
- Practical automotive, hands on experience.
- Light armour engineering experience, desirable but not essential.
- Has ideally worked with defence customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Use of SAP, desirable but not essential.
Please Note: Due to the nature of the client and the role, all applicants must be eligible for Security Clearance. Applicants must be a British Passport holder or have previously held SC clearance.
To APPLY, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant with Forbes HR Ltd who is available on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.