£Highly Negotiable pa & Full Benefits
Our Client, a global major Tier 1 Automotive company specialising in the supply of high technology electronic modules, instrumentation and wiring harness systems, seek an experienced Harness Routing and Packaging Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. Offering superb long-term career prospects, this role is offering a competitive (albeit negotiable) basic salary, and full benefits package.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the main responsibilities of this role will see you designing the routing and packaging of wiring harnesses.
Additional responsibilities in detail will include:
- Routing and Packaging of Wiring Harnesses and Components:
- -Design / Engineer conceptual routings and package for EDS
- -EDS Package investigations using Ford Teamcentre and Digibuck to verify that customer specifications have been fulfilled (SDS, MES)
- -Provide designs that achieve customer time and cost targets
- -Update and drive EDS package issues to closure, using Ford E2KS DPA tools
- -Represent EDS routing designs in customer package meetings
- -Resolve EDS package issues by interfacing with other vehicle commodities
- -Ensure design meets customer manufacturing and service requirements, including the use of Ford E2Ks DPA tools
- -Ensure the wiring harnesses can be assembled into the vehicle (DFM/DFA)
- -Interface at all levels to the customer and internally to progress and agree EDS routing and package designs
- -Agree on and implement design changes according to the change management procedure
- -Interface to Harness Design Engineers and CAD engineers to achieve the above
- -On-site development support at the customer’s locations in the UK and abroad where required to support design development
- -Support Harness product design reviews at harness prototype and manufacturing plants
- -Support supplier and customer prototype and serial production builds
Qualifications and Experience ideally required:
- -Should ideally be educated to Degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering, or possess equivalent relevant experience.
- -Should ideally be experienced working in a similar Routing & Packaging Engineering role.
- -Should ideally have experience working within an EDS/Wiring Harness environment, preferably also with an Automotive manufacturing background.
- -Should have knowledge of 3D Design.
- -Should be proficient in Ford Teamcenter/Digibuck.
- -Should ideally have experience using Ford E2KS DPA Tools.
- -Should be trained and experienced with Design For Manufacturing (DFM/DFA).
- -Should have excellent communication and analytical skills, with high attention to detail.
Is this you?
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.