£Highly Negotiable, Full Benefits & Bonus
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems are experiencing enormous growth. We are currently looking for an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Production Team Leader to join the team as soon as possible on a permanent basis. The remuneration on offer is to an extent, negotiable, and will based on relevant experience. In all cases, a competitive benefits package is on offer, together with bonus scheme.
As Production Team Leader, you will be co-ordinating and managing a team of multi-skilled technicians and fitters in supporting of the assembly and R&D projects for both vehicle and survivability systems. You will also be supporting the planning and co-ordination of assembly and installation of designed electrical, mechanical and trim Automotive system components.
- -Manage a team of multi-skilled tradesmen to achieve production led deadlines, communicating clear instructions and providing effective timely feedback as required.
- -Work collaboratively with other team leaders in support of the overall production plan.
- -Act as Point of Contact for Production Manager, Manufacturing Engineers and Project Managers for monitoring adherence to build schedules.
- -Direct liaison with Quality & Manufacturing engineers to report, rectify and conduct problem-solving activities for any quality or build related issues.
- -Take ownership of assigned tasks, responsible for specific deliverables
- -Assist the Production Manager on meeting performance based outputs (KPI’s).
- -Support to the Company’s proto-typing and batch production activities on vehicles at company sites, customer or sub-contractor’s facilities.
- -Identify, co-ordinate and support continuous improvement initiatives to include lean manufacturing principles.
- -Assist in building a competent & motivated team to increase morale.
- -Liaise with Research and Development to build communication and relationship between the two departments.
- -Assist to plan the new products / specials or modifications from R&D into production.
- -Monitor development of team and identify training opportunities when & where applicable.
- -Escalation of personnel issues to production manager.
Environmental, Health and Safety:
- -Act as the champion for your team in the following areas and ensure yourself and all team members:
- -Comply and adhere to all EH and S rules and directives.
- -Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- -Ensure safe working conditions including equipment.
- -Coach operators on the importance of EH and S.
- -Ownership of own housekeeping.
- -React to and report and safety concerns.
- -You will be the quality lead for your team, ensuring the highest standards are strived for and maintained.
- -Comply and adhere to all Quality Procedures and testing requirements.
- -Maintain and complete Product Improvement Change Request and Request for Additional Work documents.
- -Able to read, understand and follow detailed work instructions and drawings.
- -To understand and comply with company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- -To supply technical knowledge to any given project.
- -Engage in generic tasks e.g. driving Company vehicles and minor facility activities.
- -First point of call for sickness, holidays, grievance as a line manager.
- -Diffuse any minor disagreements between departments/individuals.
- -To allocate resource where required.
- -To set and action Performance Development Reviews.
Qualifications & Experience ideally required:
- -Should ideally be qualified with a HNC/BTEC Diploma or equivalent in Automotive Systems Installation and Repair, although lesser qualifications and plenty of relevant experience will be considered.
- -Should have worked in a similar role, ideally as a Production Team Leader / Production Supervisor or similar.
- -Should ideally have 5 years or more experience working in a low-volume production vehicle manufacturing environment, or at least aware of such techniques and processes.
- -Will be able to read and interpret engineering and electrical schematics and drawings.
- -Should ideally have experience of bespoke manufacturing and modification of OEM vehicle systems.
- -Will need good problem solving skills.
- -Should ideally have knowledge of systems and integration of vehicle CANbus, military specification radios and electrical sub-systems.
- -Will be proficient in MS Office applications, ideally also with SAP/ERP experience.
- -Should understand BOM over multiple projects.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well-established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so if interested and you have the relevant experience we need to hear from you now?
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.