£Negotiable Hourly Rate
Our Client; a truly global leader in the manufacture of Specialist Vehicles and Survivability systems. We are looking to find an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Buyer (Direct / Indirect Spend) to join the team as soon as possible on a contract basis. The hourly rate on offer, is to an extent, negotiable, and will based on relevant experience.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, your role will be to support the materials requirements for our Clients vehicle armouring programmes. This will require you to assess all technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budget. Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- -Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
- -Direct and Indirect procurement.
- -Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
- -Competitive bidding and negotiation.
- -Quotation analysis and ordering compliant with Company policy and procedures.
- -Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans.
- -Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process.
- -Cost estimating in support of teams.
- -Shortage reporting and resolution.
- -Procurement support to the facilities management team.
- -Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of Company objectives.
- -Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required;
- -Ideally educated to Degree or HND level, but equivalent practical experience will be considered.
- -Should ideally be CIPS qualified or be currently studying for this, although this is by no means essential.
- -You should have proven Buying/Procurement experience within the Automotive/Defence and/or Manufacturing/Aerospace industries or another aligned Manufacturing environment.
- -You will have an excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes.
- -Should possess project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
- -You will be proficient in the use of MS applications and should have a good understanding of MRP and other planning systems. SAP would be a bonus.
- -You’ll be skilled in negotiation with excellent organisation skills and be capable of managing your own time.
- -You will have a full driving licence.
This position offers a fantastic and rare opportunity to work for a leading well established global Specialist Vehicle Manufacturer; so if interested and you have the relevant experience we need to hear from you now?
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria, as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.