£Highly Negotiable, Full Benefits & Bonus
Position: Buyer (Bids & Projects)
Remuneration: £Highly Negotiable, Full Benefits & Bonus
Our Surrey-based client is a specialist manufacturer of protection systems. They build armoured, tactical and counter terrorism vehicles as well as high-performance survivability solutions for military, government and security organisations across the world. Their customers trust them to provide high quality equipment that can be relied on in life-threatening situations.
We have been tasked with finding an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic Buyer (Bids & Projects) to join the team as soon as possible on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a negotiable, albeit based upon relevant experience, basic salary, together with full benefits and bonus.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for the strategic planning of vehicle armouring programmes, being accountable for cost, time, and the quality of supplied goods and services on £multi-million vehicle programs. You will provide strategic direction and subcontract management expertise to bid teams and winning new business.
- Support the sales function in winning new business through effective sourcing and accurate costing at early stages of product maturity.
- Create the bid & project procurement strategies communicating clear cost, time and quality deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Supplier nomination, ensuring robust evaluation of supply chain capacity and capability.
- Promotion of long-term performance and strategy development through the management of key supplier relationships.
- Single point of contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments.
- Lead the planning of materials requirements and work collaboratively with Category Buyers to secure timely deliveries within budget.
- Management of materials shortages, addressing through influence of others or resolving as a matter of priority.
- Creation and management of project budgets, establishing bill of materials costs at key stages of the product development cycle. Identification and pursuit of cost savings and efficiencies to exceed objectives.
- Project management reporting to evidence supply chain performance against key targets.
- Manage subcontract risk and opportunities, developing novel mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Promote a right-first-time culture through early supplier involvement and collaborative working with internal & external teams.
- Should ideally be CIPS qualified or at least studying towards the qualification, although lesser qualifications, but plenty of relevant experience will be considered.
- You’ll be an accomplished Buyer with proven supply chain management experience within Automotive, Engineering, Defence and/or Manufacturing industries.
- An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes is needed.
- Ability to manage low-level maturity design and skilled in cost estimating.
- Planning & implementation skills, able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- You’ll be a strong negotiator.
- Will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Full driving licence.
Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC (‘Secret’) level.
N.B. Due to the nature of the work IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT ALL APPLICANTS DO HOLD A FULL AND VALID BRITISH PASSPORT. Please do not apply if you fail to meet these criteria as we will not be able to complete the required security clearance for you.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP, Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.