Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our Client is a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specializes in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components. We are looking to recruit an experienced Harness Design Engineer on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
The main purpose of the role is to collect, Analyse, design and manage the development of the Wiring Harness based on customer requirements under consideration of all engineering specifications, cost, quality and timing as well as environmental aspects.
- Design and 3D drafting in Catia V5 according to customer specifications
- 3D design data management on the customer system
- Preparation of 3D CAD design drafts for wiring harness components
- Package investigations and development of solutions to EDS related package issues
- Adhere to Customer specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Adhere to internal specifications and requirements while developing designs
- Time-critical implementation of design changes during all program development phases
- Review designs with the customer manufacturing team to ensure feasibility for instillation into the vehicle
- Ensure EDS routing and package design is compatible with vehicle environment
- Prepare marked up 2D drawings to support design changes
- Check 2D drawings are in-line with the planned design prior to release
- Support design reviews, prototype harness and vehicle builds at company and customer locations
- Identify, track and resolve EDS design and manufacturing issues.
- Generate, review and evaluate potential cost reduction ideas.
- Carry out CAD assembly investigations together with the responsible project engineers
- Participate in TVM, VA/VE and benchmarking activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering, or equivalent experience
- Previous practical design experience from an automotive or aerospace background
- Proficient CAD experience using Catia V5 and the electrical workbench
- Previous proven experience with designing/draughting All types of Harnesses and Components (Cable Channels, brackets and fixing parts).
- Experience with working to SDS, MES, design guidelines
- Experienced using E2KS DPA5 process
- Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
- The vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Experience in working with, or design of, vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge of vehicle electrical/electronic system function and diagnostics
- Understanding of EDS design and development process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
- Full Driving Licence
- Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport
If interested, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.