Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our Client is a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specializes in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components. We are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Technician to support them on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
The main purpose of the role is to support the EDS Design team and Programme teams with diagnostics, repair, reworking and sample manufacture of the vehicle wiring harness.
- Rework of prototype harnesses and vehicles based on change requests, rework sheets, detail drawings and specifications.
- Manufacture of sample harnesses to support special actions, prototype build changes/issues and package trials based on sketches, drawings and markups. Keep clear records of work carried out.
- Support test board and rig assembly, fault diagnosis, rework and repair working in conjunction with the engineering team.
- Design electrical system and circuits based on device information provided by the customer, to enable the check and prove out of prototype system designs.
- Provide prototype build support when required.
- Assist DVP team with vehicle and test board DVP testing when required.
- Order and maintain stock of commonly used connectors, terminals, seals, wire, clips, grommets etc to aid above tasks.
- Knowledge of how to read and apply drawings, sketches and circuit diagrams
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle EDS
- Vehicle electrical system diagnostics and ratification
- Experienced in reworking and producing vehicle wiring harnesses
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a diverse team
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent communication skills in written & verbal English
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and proactive
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
- High attention to detail
- A full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
- Right to work in the UK
If interested, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.