Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our Client is a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specializes in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced EDS Component Engineer on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
The main purpose of the role is to lead the design, development, testing and sign off for new components that support the wiring harness fit and function. e.g. channels, brackets, retainers, grommets, terminals, connectors, etc
- Lead development of the component design concept with internal harness engineers, designers, as well as external development & production suppliers.
- Assist with the creation of initial design concepts for components and develop designs through prototype phases and to serial production
- Establish, agree and track the implementation of component timing plans internally, and with suppliers and customers
- Coordinate development partners/suppliers for the 2D/3D design. Track open issues and run regular reviews to ensure issue closure in a timely manner.
- Lead internal and customer releasing of components to support project timing.
- Review and agree with the designs with suppliers and customers
- Ensure DFA/DFM processes are followed
- Define specifications (internal and customer) for specific components and cascade to development partners/suppliers
- Author and obtain approval of the Component Product Specification (CPS) document.
- Monitor component design and development to ensure adherence to CPS
- Ensure specifications are met by the proposed design
- Define component sign off testing plan and agree with the customer.
- Oversee testing according to plan and report sign off status regularly internally and to customer.
- Investigate any test issues or failures and lead teams to resolve and re-validate.
- Participate in all relevant customer and supplier meetings
- Prepare and lead presentations for component reviews
- Support product design reviews internally and at customer locations
- Support prototype vehicle builds at customer locations
- Review and document issues and track to resolution
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally educated to a degree level in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering.
- Previous practical design experience from an automotive background
- Solid experience in the automotive industry
- Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of component development process
- Knowledge of material properties (plastics and metals)
- Knowledge of plastic moulding and metal stamping processes
- Knowledge of Catia V5/V6 for 3D and 2D design
- A full valid driving licence to drive in the UK
- Right to work in the UK
If interested, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.