Competitive Salary & Comprehensive Benefits Package
Our Client is a globally operating Tier 1 Automotive company that specializes in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components. We are currently looking to recruit an experienced DVP Engineer on a permanent basis. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary, pension scheme, private healthcare plan, life assurance, and excellent professional training opportunities.
The main purpose of the role is to collect, analyse, verify, test and manage the development of the electrical distribution system based on customer requirements under consideration of all engineering specifications, cost, quality and timing as well as environmental aspects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Selects relevant SDS requirements per program. Gains agreements to the requirements from the customer.
- Set up EFDVS/VDFEDE for responsible programs.
- Plan and create the design verification plans
- Carries out vehicle and test board level testing and produces test reports.
- Communicate NOK’s to the team and report out the status to the team.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure the customers SDS’s adhere too
- Participate in EDS design/development meetings PMST (EDS) to understand and be aware of issues.
- Report results and advise the risk of failures.
- Follow up on open issues to bring to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Advice on subsequent design changes and develop signoff retest plans where required.
- Ensure EDS requirements for test vehicles/Buck/rigs etc. are made, agreed and shown on T&D plan
- Raise and/or track EDS Deviations for requirements that cannot be met and ensure that they get approved by the customer
- Collate and review quality history data.
- Participate in Campaign prevention / FMEA / FMA reviews.
- Assist the teams with SCAAF reviews and updating SCAAF document
- Ideally, degree educated in a relevant subject (Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive Engineering), however, time served experience will be equally considered.
- Previous practical design experience from an automotive or aerospace background
- Extensive experience in Automotive DVP process
- Extensive experience of Customer DVP and sign off processes and software (SDS, e-FDVS, e-Deviation etc.)
- Solid understanding of vehicle EDS and electrical systems
- Good working knowledge of electrical test equipment (oscilloscope, multi-meter, power supply, etc.)
- The practical ability for vehicle mechanical and electrical diagnosis and repair
- Experience/Understanding of CATIA V5 or equivalent
- Working knowledge of GPDS, DVP, FMEA and APQP.
- The vehicle assembly process, especially EDS related aspects.
- Understanding of EDS design and development process
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Projects
- Full Driving Licence UK or Equivalent
- Right to work in the UK – Valid Passport
If interested, please contact Luke McDaid, Principal Consultant of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07731 079966
Forbes HR Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Forbes HR Ltd operates as an Employment Agency and Business.