c£53K pa, Full Benefits, Discounted Car Scheme & Bonus
Our Client, a World recognised, and respected Automotive OEM Vehicle Manufacturer is actively seeking a professional and experienced Project Engineer – Infotainment on a permanent basis. This position requires someone who has delivered Infotainment Systems from start to finish who has broad experience and will be able to deliver the whole commodity, not just part of it. On offer to the successful candidate is a negotiable, albeit based on relevant experience, basic salary, together with full benefits to include car discount scheme and bonus.
As a Project Engineer – Infotainment, you will be responsible for feature definition and ownership, component ownership and delivery, responsible for electrical components. These will include Infotainment head units, tuners, microphones, amplifiers etc.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks will be:
- -Develop and maintain a 5 year strategy & foster relevant new technologies to implementation ready within agreed budget, timing.
- -Support with defining targets for future models.
- -Deliver the Programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements for the systems and features you are responsible for.
- -Ensure that the systems meet the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required.
- -Manage the Bill of Materials for your components.
- -Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure your deliverables are met.
- -Conduct whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- -Support prototype build and test vehicle preparation.
- -Manage issues in the company Concern management system.
- -Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all stakeholders deliver the support required to deliver your systems on time and to budget.
Qualifications & Experience ideally required:
- -You should ideally be educated with a Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, although lesser qualifications with plenty of relevant experience may also be considered.
- -You should ideally have at least 5 – 10 years experience of delivering Infotainment Systems, defining specifications of core Infotainment functions like Navigation, Radio, Tuners etc.
- -Should be experienced working in a similar Project Engineering role managing Infotainment Systems.
- -Should be experienced in CAN tools – CANoE.
- -Will have an understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet.
- -Will have an understanding of electronics/software and hardware design.
- -Data analysis & report writing skills needed.
- -Will have a proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing.
- -Will have experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software. –Will have experience of software development processes and managing software delivery.
- -Will have experience of delivering Infotainment Systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and Infotainment HMI. Delivery experience on Infotainment OS system (windows, Linux, QNX, etc.).
- -Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing.
- -Supplier management experience needed.
- -Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion.
- -Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- -Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- -Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
Is this you? This position is available with immediate effect.
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.