c£Negotiable pa, Full Benefits
Our Client, a global major Tier 1 Automotive company specialising in the supply of high technology electronic modules, instrumentation and wiring harness systems, seek an experienced Component Commercial/Technical Account Specialist to join their team on a permanent basis in the West Midlands. Offering superb long term career prospects, this role is offering a competitive (albeit negotiable) basic salary, and full benefits package. This role is to be recruited with immediate effect.
The main responsibilities of this role are to ensure the development of products according to customer requirements and latest technological developments under consideration of all engineering specification, cost, quality, timing and environmental aspects.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- -Manages technical customer interface and has the lead for all commercial discussions.
- -Establish Long Term Sales Plan for external and internal customers for the respective OEM.
- -Analyse fundamental technical trends in the market segment including competitor’s developments.
- -In a joint effort with Product Management, identify OEM related product portfolio gaps and upcoming technical trends (including competitor’s development).
- -Actively support Product Management to translate them into projects and promote them internally to the internal Wiring Harness Business Unit.
- -Analyse customer information for new RFQs and provide the organisation with the information according to company procedures to drive necessary decision making for project success.
- -Drive, for the respective OEM, the cross-functional activities needed for the design-in and launch of “off the shelf” as well as “new products” related projects (technical and commercial aspects).
- -Support design engineers by the evaluation and elaboration of technical concept based on the customer specification.
- -Reporting on overall status of customer projects and customer satisfaction levels ensuring comprehensive financial targets management.
- -Ensure that cost assumptions submitted as part of RFQ are valid and have the right due diligence applied to ensure profit throughout the lifetime of the project.
- -Define together with Customer and Product Engineering the required product validation process for customer acceptance.
- -Control of EBIT and P&L reporting at all phases during lifetime and after sales.
- -Responsible for overall volume management throughout the lifetime of the project.
Qualifications & Experience:
- -University Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Automotive engineering ideally needed, but equivalent experience will be considered.
- -Should ideally have previous experience working in a similar Technical Sales / Commercially orientated role within the Automotive manufacturing sector.
- -You will need significant Automotive manufacturing sector experience in an OEM and/or Tier 1 supplier.
- -You will have experience with customer specifications, validation and requirements.
- -Should ideally have knowledge of the Automotive Connector market.
- -You will need an in-depth understanding of Automotive supply chains (implications to marketing, sales and pricing).
- -You will have a successful background in generating profitable growth.
- -Should have a solid understanding of TS16949.
- -Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience of SAP ideally needed.
- -Will have a systematic approach to analysis, concept development and implementation for repeatable and sustainable results.
- -You will have extensive abilities in presenting and explaining technical information to customers.
- -Excellent communication and negotiation skills needed.
Is this you?
To APPLY, please contact Jason Seed DipRP, DipRSA, FIRP; Director of Forbes HR Ltd on:
Telephone: 01295 768360
Mobile: 07738 766526
Forbes HR Ltd is committed to equal opportunities.